3/3/11

Ballet Wedding Shoot/ Snippet and Ink

It takes a lot for me to blog two days straight. Well, I've got a lot to share. After several months of planning and waiting, we've got some ballet wedding images. Myself, my Yan, and my Sarah of Ea floral madness styled a faux wedding and enlisted the help of some of -the- -best- in the biz. If I had any inclination to dance, this would be the wedding I'd have planned for myself. Brides, if you are ballerinas, you CAN get away with busting out the leotard and leaping around your reception. No one can or should stop you.

I love the clarity and depth of Yan's photography. She is one of the most conscientious and skilled photographers I know.
Since the day of the shoot, I have been considering perming my hair to get it thick and bushy enough for a braid like this. You heard me, a perm. Flavia of Versa Artistry is a master at her craft. Her makeup and hair skills took our vision to a whole 'nother level.
Sarah's floral powers numb my mind. I could honestly eat some of her arrangements. She also is responsible for the entire table-scape. I LOVE the giant cornucopia of flowers in the bride's hair.

Leland of Rowley Press creates some of the most incredible wedding stationary. His subtle colors and wreath on this were so on point. Pun intended!  And I was floored by the wood grain in the invites. That pun was not intended.
I'm so grateful to the entire team who we collaborated with.  We should do it again real soon. See more of the shoot at Snippet and Ink today.

Photography: Yan Photo
Dress: Alta Moda Bridal
Hair / makeup: Versa Artistry
Flowers: Ea
Stationery: Rowley Press
Cake: Pink Peach Cakes

10 comments:

  1. so pretty! now i want to get married!

    ReplyDelete
  2. darcie i was completely speechless when i saw these pictures on yans blog.
    love love them. i can't get over that chandelier you created. genius. i may have to try to re create it for something...and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beyond beautiful. You ladies outdid yourselves! Congrats on the lovely feature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want that cake. AND, i've been thinking about perming my hair too....no joke. let's do it together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Worth the wait. I know how much of yourself was in EVERY aspect of that setup. Kudos to all the talented people.

    And the cake looks like it is covered in organdy. Exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have a "how to" for that chandelier? I'm absolutely in love with it, and want to try it in purples.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i completely agree..just beautiful! Can you please tell me your "how to" as well. I'd love to make one and get married under it.So romantic!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love that chandelier. Could you please share what kind of fabric you used? It looks like thin organza. And did you knot in between each circle?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also really lOVE your chandelier and would really like to know how you made it so I can make one for my daughter's birthday party. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete