1/12/11

Noelle's French Cafe Party

My bebe is one and while she loved her party, and I loved her party, we all know I really loved planning her party. We went French Cafe because A) We love a food themed party, B) My brother is an awesome good sport and I knew there was a mime inside him silently screaming to get out, C) I love awnings, D) I've been wanting to make some old school style bakery cakes, E) Last but not least, Noelle is a Frenchy name after all. Why did I opt for ABCD instead of 1234? I just always will.

Thanks be to Heather Mildenstein of the Coterie and Heather Mildenstein Photography.  I feel like Ellie from Up because I RIPPED these pictures right off her blog.

Thanks be to Gloria's Little Italy for lending us the absolutely perfect cafe furniture. They happen to be below neighbors to the Yan Photography studio. Thanks be to Yan and  Marty for the use of said studio for this soiree (I abused as many French isms as I could for the execution of this). Also, they are introducing pure, wonderful Simple Sessions in the gorgeous studio. Hit their blog for details.


14 comments:

  1. really darcie, this party is so adorable.
    love every single detail i see. good work!
    happy birthday to little noelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful, darcie! love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute darcie! you are an amazing party planner! the cakes are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad to have missed it in person, but thrilled with the pictoral representation. Made me feel like I was there (or back in Paris).

    (well done on the Up reference)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this party on Heather's blog and about died it's so cute. Nicely done, love the window awning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darcie, my favorite part of this post was about the mime in Marty *silently* screaming to get out. Good job, good job. Dad would be proud...if he ever read any of our blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is STU.UN.NING! I love the awning, and the buffet, and the bkie and the moustaches! LOVE IT ALL! Too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this so much!!1 how did you make the yellow/white stripe canopy?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so adorable...truly one of the sweetest parties I've ever seen.

    So happy to have discovered your blog (via coterie, via Design Mom on Babble).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely ADORABLE! xxxxxxx

    alwaysxbeing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh la la! I love love love this party. I have a French day at least once a month where I pretend to be chic and wear a beret, I need those chocolate Eiffel Tower lollies too!

    Blue Skies,
    Charlotte xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. congratulations, looks so sweet. I especially love the hand drawn frame artwork, just like that Graham and Brown frames wallpaper! Might have to file that idea! Well done..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually can't handle the cuteness. OH MY HECK! Bien fait! That's French for "Well Done!"

    ReplyDelete